Your top tips on self-isolation
As we head into another week of self-isolation, here are our supporters top tips on how to look after yourself.
"Look after your well-being & reach out to others"
- Don’t be too hard on yourself – these are unprecedented times for us all
- It’s okay to feel frustrated at the situation, but reach out if you need help
- Connect to others with endometriosis, such as through Endometriosis UK’s Health Unlocked forum
- Call the Endometriosis UK helpline if you need support
- Reach out to family and friends and be honest about how you feel
- Catch up with your colleagues regularly if you need a chat
"Empower yourself with knowledge"
- Take advice from the experts and try not to listen to hearsay
- Use the opportunity to learn more about endometriosis. Endometriosis UK has a number of resources and reliable information
"Set yourself a new routine"
- Stick to a routine, if you can. If you have days when you can't stick to it, don't beat yourself up about it.
- Set yourself achievable goals
- Eat regular meals and drink plenty of water.
- Wear what makes you comfortable
- Try yoga or another form of exercise you can do indoors if you feel up to it
- Open a window and let some light in
- Set an alarm to remember to take your medication – having a different routine can make you forget