The Senedd Petitions Committee will debate improving endometriosis care in Wales in its next meeting taking place on Monday 7 February from 14.00.
This follows a petition signed by nearly 6,000 people, started by Beth Hales, a member of the Endometriosis UK Support Group in Cardiff. Well done Beth!
Beth's petition highlighted among other things:
- Lack of understanding of endometriosis
- That there is no cure for the condition
- That it takes on average 8.5 years to get a diagnosis in Wales
- The impact the condition has on those with endometriosis and their families
And asked for:
- Improved funding for endometriosis care in Wales
- To fully implement the recommendations of the 2018 Welsh Government Review on Endometriosis Care
You can watch the debate live next Monday on the Senedd website here.